SCB Stamp Collecting Blog - the premier resource for exclusive stamp information and news

Show / hide introduction

Start Using SCB Now!
Easy 3 step setup that you'll complete in 5 minutes.
Step 1: Select your subscription type
(click to make a selection, or see detailed comparison between plans)
Premium membership Free membership Exchange programme membership

PREMIUM membership gives you unlimited access to everything SCB provides for period of one year for 18.40 EUR.

This is a one year subscription and it will NOT renew automatically. Once your subscription period is over, you will loose access to Premium subscribers services.

FREE trial membership gives you taste of what SCB is all about.

You get full access to 12 articles of your choise for period of 6 months. In addition you get to read the bi-weekly newsletter, and receive unlimited access to both MyExchange and MyCollection services for the duration of the trial. You can upgrade to paid subscription anytime you want.

FREE MyExchange subscription lets you participate Keijo's acclaimed Stamp Exchange. To date over 30,000 stamps have been exchanged succesfully!

In this option all you get is 12 month access to SCB's MyExchange service - NO articles, newsletter or any of the other services of SCB provides.

Step 2: Proceed to Checkout

All subscription payments are processed securely by PayPal. If required, Paypal will automatically convert payment to Your local currency with no additional fees to You.

By creating an account you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Once our system has received confirmation of payment from Paypal, it will send your login credentials by email (to email assigned with your PayPal account). This entire process usually takes no more 60 seconds

Step 2: Enter your email & subscribe

Step 2: Enter your email & subscribe

Step 3: Check your email

You've got mail!

If you cannot see our email on your inbox within next 3 minutes from signup, then check your junk mail folder. If this too fails, then your ISP has likely blocked our message and we need to send your details manually. Use either Subscribers Help or About page to get in touch, and we'll guide you through all login related problems in no time.

Show / hide introduction

How much is my stamp collection worth – straight talk about real world stamp values and prices

During the weekend I bumped into a couple of very interesting conversations about real values, prices and appraisal practices of stamps and stamp collections. I know most stamp collectors yours truly included are interested about the question ‘how much are my stamps worth (in real life)’, and below are few very different views on this topic. About stamps and stamp collecting as investment Every stamp collector dreams every now and then that their collection would be worth big bucks. The painful truth is that about 99.9% of all stamps are worth nothing more than handling costs. Of the remaining 0.1% only a handful of well known stamps are worth a lot of money, whereas the rest are usually worth from few bucks to a hundred or two. Even my collection (which is about 80,000 philatelic items) is worth very little (in monetary sense). Still, with every philatelic magazine and auction, […]

To read the full story(1288 words, 4 images, 124 comments) , subscribe or sign in.
If you are new reader and want to learn more about the great content in here please watch the presentation.

All original content and images of this blog is under copyright protection; any kind of reproduction of full contents without permission of the owner is hereby denied. All Rights Reserved © Keijo Kortelainen, 2009-2017. All photos of stamps in this blog are enlargements or reductions of original stamps from private collection of author of the blog (unless otherwise stated). The designs of stamps and postmarks are copyright of issuing postal authorities and their designers. The comments / discussion on this blog are copyright of their retrospective authors, and represent the opinion of their authors. When submitting content of any type to this Website, you agree that you assign to this Website and its successors perpetual and unlimited license free of charge to host, store, publish, reproduce, publicly display or otherwise use any content and materials of any type provided or contributed by You. Catalog numbers (Scott, Michel, SG etc) are the copyrighted property of their publishers. | See our privacy policy